It seems I've been hearing about Library 2.0 for a couple of years at least, and mostly that it's coming. Well, I think it's here, and other than some new tools to do what we do best better, I'm not sure we've changed much. Librarians are 'here' to serve people and 'here' is anywhere. Many librarians do what they do even when they aren't at work or getting paid for it. User participation, constant change, and whatever else are here to stay.
As for 2.0 changing my life. I only have 24 hours a day, I sleep at least 7 and I don't mind picking up a new habit or two every once in a while but I'm not a junkie for this stuff. I try to stay aware--it's like knowing pop culture (music, movies, books, sports, etc.) I'm not a fanatic but have a broad horizon.
Later.
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment