Yes, I am buried by email. But I have gotten better. I'm not sure if being a librarian has anything to do with it but I can't bear to delete anything more than the most egregious spam or junk mail I've lost interest in. The Inbox Zero tips are great and I think I'll be able to make some improvement in time management, and action taking.
I used to IM at my old job and it did eliminate many thin strings from my email and help with response times and productivity. Although I really don't get why people don't pick up the phone if the person is online...(except that I did conference call on mute and IM sometimes ;-) Saw a few shorthand phrases I didn't recognize in the video, will have to ask my kids.
Text messaging for me right now is reserved for my sons. They do it so I do it with them. Can't see much use for it at work just yet. I'm not in a traditional setting and don't have instant answer requirements from many customers.
Been doing web conferences for years. SLA Webinars, Webex, now we use NetMeeting at work. I liked the OPAL lineup but couldn't get anything to download before my patience ran out. Will try again later.
Sunday, March 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment