I have two teenage sons who have been coaching me in the fine art of RPG's for years. That has not made me want to become a gamer. So I will pass on trying Puzzle Pirates. I really thought these tasks were to be ten minutes or so to get the gist and just running through the wiki took 15 minutes so...
I have wanted to take a look at Second Life for a few years but my own computer won't stand up to the stress and I don't think it is appropriate to try at work just now. I have looked at the videos, articles, and other reporting and find the whole idea fascinating. I may ask my son to set it up on his computer just so I can get a first hand look someday soon.
I attended a seminar on the whole sociology of gaming and role playing by university researchers and that aspect fascinates me too. Would like to see some more library research on how to integrate role playing environments with real world. Add libraries to the worlds, library collections about the history of the games and the contributors, the references that have informed the game creators--LOTS of history, art, crafts, fashion, design, etc....
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment