Sunday, March 22, 2009

#31 More Twitter (WAAAAY MORE)


Well, now I'm going to add a little visual aid to this post. This is the origami Twitter bird from Paddy Donnelly. I think it's cute. But honestly, I am overwhelmed by the world of Twitter and I still don't know how/why it's going to be universally useful. I am only posting from my pc/web page. I can add via my Netvibes page but that's not much different. I'm not adding more tool bars or activating my phone because I'm trying to keep this simple (pretty much my life). I added my name to the Twitter directory on Justtweetit and joined two directory groups, librarians (under Education) and knowledge management. Saw lots of Minnesota, medical and other librarians I am familiar with there. I did not try to use the alert/scheduling features of Twitter for the same reason as before. I've been going through all the wiki stuff for this thing for many hours today. I will add two new people to follow. I looked at Spy and think that's kind of cool for just lurking on Twitter. The guy who keeps a running list of bbq twitterers is pretty useful for his community and I can see lots of others creating their own lists. The Twitter directory and the hobbies and interests sites are still limited.

I am a Stage 2 Presence Twitterer. I'm there, I post.

Twitter is...perplexing.

No comments: