Monday, April 13, 2009

#34 Online Answers

I think the appeal of online answer sites is wide ranging, from timeliness, to privacy, to convenience. It seems though that the frequency of responses, not just remarks and comments is slight. I would hope that many of the people referred to library sites are willing to try that route for their next information need. In any case there may be a shared service model waiting to be developed that would post questions in a shareable site but direct them to a local resource library for primary service. I like the community activist feel of the Slam the Board movement. Maybe it raises awareness and provides more 'right' answers or the completeness (a little extra, even) than most answerers will give.

I did not post any answers or ask any questions. Would like to prevent as much as possible more spam, junk, etc.

No comments: