Sunday, April 19, 2009

#36 Comic Relief

I'm relieved. I found something to fall for! The DDC generator was too right on to pass up as you can see on my blog.

Some of the Things in this episode are too useful to be true, and things I was wishing for years ago! PDF and Form generators definitely have their place at work. A mail list integrator is even more than you could hope for and is useful for clubs, neighborhood groups and at work.

I should not have been surprised to see a digitized/automated version of one of the most unique bibliographic tools librarians know about--the concordance--in the form of Wordle (and other word/tag cloud apps). There's a good explanation of the history/need for this development on Wikipedia.

The lists of generators are a good takeaway for future use. You never know when you are going to need one of these little beauties.

No comments: