Internet music has been around awhile (legal and otherwise) and I've been using Rhapsody from Comcast for a few years (free songs, Coke rewards) and was introduced to Pandora at work (listening on the sly). I like being able to customize playlists without having to select each individual work (like you do for an mp3 or ipod). There's definitely a use for lyric sites and I like the added features of song meanings, editable version (some lyric sites are SO wrong). I was surprised Rhapsody or the Comcast freebie weren't mentioned in this Thing.
It's possible broadcast radio will be replaced by Internet radio when wifi/wireless is ubiquitous and cars can get internet anytime, anywhere. If fact it's only a different delivery mechanism, I think humans will still want to 'hear' from announcers, dj's, talk show hosts etc. so "Radio" will remain. However, I do not mind listening to music interruption free!
BTW, I added The Current widget to my blog.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment