This is a good Thing. I had no idea how many ways books and reading are enhanced with catalogs, teasers, recommendations, socialization around books, trading, critiquing, online versions, audio versions ALL in the virtual world and literally worldwide.
Especially liked TwitterLit and am now following. Already have a Library Thing account and added a new book because I saw it on the home page. Because I have a Facebook account I will probably add a book app to my page now that I know those exist too.
Also interesting to note some services have equivalents for other media (music, movies) and even other consumable collectibles like wine.
My local library has no shortage of book users, largest circulation in the state. Don't see books going away any time soon. But I bet some of these apps on the library's web page would garner use. Maybe even enable formation of book groups locally (albeit virtually).
I wandered and browsed and peeked at many of these links, spent over 3 hours exploring.
Monday, April 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment